Tribhuvan University in Nepal
Tribhuvan University in Nepal is a Public University, which finds its location at Kirtipur in Kathmandu. The history of the University dates back to the year 1959. Being established so many years ago, it is also referred to be the oldest among the existing universities in Nepal. Tribhuvan University is a non-profit making institution, which is autonomous and is funded by the Government of Nepal.
With 85 integral colleges and more than 600 affiliated colleges throughout the country, its presence is high and commendable. Furthermore, the strength of approximately 290,833 students who come from all over Nepal and abroad, makes it the biggest university in Nepal and also the 9th biggest in the whole world. For students, it is always a benefit to study at Tribhuvan University because it is financed by government thus, making it inexpensive.
The name Tribhuvan University is based on the name of Late King Tribhuvan, along with certain aims to fulfill. As every initiative has an attached objective behind it, so are the objectives attached to the Tribhuvan University:
- The first objective of the university is to educate the manpower of Nepal in such a way, that they could contribute highly to the overall development of the country of Nepal.
- Secondly, the university aims at providing Higher Education which is, good on quality as well. Apart from being just an education provider, Tribhuvan University also aims at Research and Development.
- Their third objective talks of carrying out research activities in varied sectors.It is linked highly to the country’s tradition and custom.
- The fourth objective of the university is to help with preservation of culture and tradition of Nepal as a nation.
- The last objective caters to Enhancement, Dissemination and Expansion of the knowledge base in fields like Arts, Science, technology and other vocational fields.
Councils of Tribhuvan University
The decision making in Tribhuvan University is highly dependent on the five councils which are constituted under it. These are:
- University Council: It is referred to as the Supreme Decision making body that takes decisions on the policies and budget along with rules and regulations, which are essential for running the university.
- Executive Council: It is the body which Executes the decision taken by the university council and makes decision on grants, appoints university officials and performs other major functions.
- Academic Council: It is the body which considers and takes decision related to academic policies, teaching, examinations and much more.
- Research Coordination Council: It formulates policies on Tribhuvan University Research activities and also coordinates and approves guidelines for researchers, etc.
- Planning Council: This body performs the advisory functions and prepares long and short term plans, develops annual programs and also evaluates the implemented programs.
Institutes at Tribhuvan University
The Tribhuvan University has five institutes under it. The ones are:
Courses offered by Tribhuvan University
At Tribhuvan University, one can get Undergraduate and Post graduate degrees. The university provides more than 4,400 courses, out of which 500 are referred to as the intermediate level courses. 2,079 courses are meant for the undergraduates, while 2,000 are for those who wish to get a postgraduate degree. Tribhuvan University also offers Ph.D degree in various disciplines.
Colleges under Tribhuvan University
The university being the largest in the state of Nepal has 85 integral colleges and more than 600 affiliated colleges throughout the country.
Admissions in the Tribhuvan University
Admissions are open at Tribhuvan University in the month of July orAugust each year. Students who wish to get admission in the university needs to pass an entrance exam.
Contact Details of the Tribhuvan University
For the admission related queries or any other information, students may contact Tribhuvan University at www.tribhuvan-university.edu.np/#